Talbot County Board of Assessors
38 South Jefferson Street
PO Box 337
Talbotton, Georgia 31827
Office: 706-665-3377 or 706-665-8409
Office Hours: 8:00 - 4:30, Monday - Friday
Lauren A. Harbin, Chief Appraiser
Quentin Leonard, Appraiser
Daniel B. Coffee, firstname.lastname@example.org
BOA Vice Chairman:
Jon G. Hale, Jr., email@example.com
BOA Board Member:
Leticia A. Cook, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauren A. Harbin, email@example.com
Position Title: Personal Property Auditor / Field Appraiser
County: Talbot County
Closing Date: 10/7/2016
This position is responsible for locating and appraising personal property in order to assist with the development and documentation of the county tax digest and assisting the Chief Tax Appraiser with the appraisal of real properties for the purposes of assessment. The position requires both field and office work.
1. Qualified Applicants should possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Construction, Business, Public Administration or a related field (sufficient experience can be substituted for degree).
2. Applicants must possess a minimum of an Appraiser II certification, as mandated by the Georgia Department of Revenue, or have an Appraiser I certification with the ability to attain Appraiser II within 6 months.
3. Applicants must also be computer literate and be skilled in both written and oral communications and have an understanding of basic mathematics. Must possess a valid Georgia driver's license.
4. The applicant must possess strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to relate to a wide variety of people. The candidate must also have to ability to interact with other county departments and regulatory agencies.
5. Applicants must complete a job application, a background check authorization form and submit a resume.
Salary: DOQ: Commensurate with education and experience
For more information please visit: http://qpublic.net/ga/talbot/